The 2013 IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2013) which will be held in San Jose, California, USA from July 15 to 19, 2013 has posted a call for papers. Note that you need to register an abstract one week ahead of the submission deadline.
ICME serves as a forum to promote the exchange of the latest advances in multimedia technologies, systems, and applications from both the research and development perspectives of the circuits and systems, communications, computer, and signal processing communities. A special feature of the 2013 conference will be the introduction of a conference theme on “Multimedia for Humanity” in which various sessions and events will be organized.
Authors are invited to submit a full paper (two-column format, 6 pages maximum) electronically in one of the topic areas below:
- Speech, audio, image, video, text, pattern, signal and location-based media processing
- Multimedia coding, retargeting and transmission
- 3D imaging, visualization, animation, virtual reality and 3DTV
- Multimedia and social sciences, art, entertainment, culture, education, healthcare, …
- Multi-modal integration, human-machine interaction and human factors
- Multimedia communication, networking and mobility
- Multimedia vision, security, content protection and forensics
- Multimedia databases, digital libraries, and social media
- Multimedia applications, services, interfaces, devices, sensors and systems
- Content analysis, matching and retrieval
- Multimedia standards, trends and surveys
- Multimedia quality assessment, metrics and studies
For details on submission rules have a look at the call.
Regular Paper Abstract Submission: December 10, 2012
Regular Paper Submission: December 15, 2012
Workshop Paper Submission: February 20, 2013
Industrial & Application Short Paper Submission: March 31, 2013
Notification of Regular Paper Acceptance: March 1, 2013
Notification of Workshop Paper Acceptance: April 15, 2013
Camera-Ready Paper Due: April 30, 2013